When you need a CDM Co-ordinator
A CDM Co-ordinator is required for any construction project which is notifiable to the HSE.
The CDM co-ordinator should be appointed as early as possible, and before initial design work or other preparations for construction work have been completed. ‘Initial design work’ includes feasibility studies to enable a decision to be made whether or not to proceed with the project, and any work necessary to identify the client’s requirements or possible constraints on the development.
It is crucial to appoint the CDM co-ordinator early in the project to enable effective planning and establishment of health and safety management arrangements from the start. The CDM co-ordinator must be appointed before detailed design work begins.
Experienced CDM Co-ordinators
CQMS Ltd hold corporate membership of the Association for Project Safety (APS), the authoritative membership body in the field of construction health and safety risk management.
CQMS have been trusted by the construction industry for over 15 years’ to carry out CDM Co-ordination services. We have gained our experience from working on a wide variety of construction projects, which have included asbestos removal, demolition, remediation and a variety of different types of construction.
The role of a CDM Co-ordinator
As your independent CDM Co-ordinator we can be trusted to:
- Advise and assist you with your HSE duties
- Notify up to date details of the project to the HSE
- Co-ordinate health and safety aspects of design work and co-operate with others involved with the project
- Facilitate good communication between the client, designers and contractors
- Identify, collect and pass on pre-construction information
- Liaise with the principal contractor regarding ongoing design work and construction issues / controls
- Prepare or update the health and safety file.
Additional CDM-C services
CQMS can provide the following CDM-C Services:
- Preparation of Construction Phase Plan on behalf of the Principal Contractor
- Preparation of the Health and Safety File
- Attendance at Project / Design team meetings
- Carry out CDM Audits on site on behalf of the client
- Carry out Site Inspections on site
- Preparation of Design Risk Assessments
- Undertake Competency Evaluation for subcontractors / consultants / designers.
CQMS have over 15 years’ experience in carrying out CDM Co-ordination services gained from working on a wide variety of construction projects, however, we know that every construction project is different, so please contact us on 0845 603 1245 for an in depth discussion about your CDM Co-ordinator needs.