What is a Risk Assessment?
A risk assessment looks at all your company's work activities and considers what could go wrong and put employee's health and safety, or lives at risk. The workplace risk assessment then recommends what action should be taken to either eliminate or, if not possible, reduce the risk as far as reasonably possible.
Why do I need a risk assessment?
Every company with 5 or more employees must have written risk assessments, which have been carried out by a 'competent person' who has been appointed by the employer. This can be the employer, an employee or a third party, such as CQMS. The risk assessment must be readily available to all employees and kept up to date.
How CQMS can help with your risk assessment?
As your 'competent person' we can provide a wide range of risk assessments including:
- General risk assessments to comply with the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- COSHH risk assessments to comply with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Manual handling risk assessments to comply with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Workstation risk assessments to comply with the Display Screen Equipment Regulations 1992
- Fire risk assessments to comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
All workplace risk assessments will be completed in full by CQMS' trained and competent Advisers and will be bespoke to your company and your work activities.
CQMS can assist you further by preparing any site specific risk assessments and supporting method statements (safe systems of work).
Want to know more about risk assessment with CQMS?
To discuss all the benefits and cost savings to your business, please call CQMS today on 0345 606 6630, or complete our enquiry form.
Health and safety compliance doesn't have to be exhaustive, CQMS can offer a simple, straightforward approach to health and safety for you and your employees. We can save you both time and money, so please contact us now.